Doors To Happiness

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Alternative forms of communication...the joy and the pain.


I love text messaging, facebook, and e-mail. It is convenient, fast, and can be quite enjoyable. The downside is that sometimes people say things they wouldn't say in person or on the phone, or things don't come across how they were intended to. Here are a few examples or some interesting convo's and messages I have experienced in the last little while.

Boy: Thanks for going on a walk with me tonight.
Me: You're welcome, it was a nice night for a walk.
Boy: Pretty night+pretty girl named kynz= success!
END OF CONVO! Little background here, this was the second time I had hung out with this boy, guarantee he would not say that to me in person, so don't say it in a text.

Boy: Strawberry or Banana milk?
Me: I don't like milk.
Boy: If you had to choose which one would you pick?
Me: Strawberry
Boy: If you don't drink milk, then what do you drink?
Me: Water
Boy: What would your second choice be?
Me: Juice
Boy: What is your favorite kind of juice?
Me: Apple
Boy: That's a good kind.
END OF CONVO! This is not a normal human conversation. I would hope that this conversation wouldn't take place in person, who knows it might, but if you are texting me please have something more important to talk about than milk and juice. Just saying.

Now here is a doosey! I saw a boy I went to high school with at Charlie's. We weren't friends at all in high school, if fact I wasn't even sure of his name. I gave him a nice smile as a left the ice cream shop, but no words were exchanged. The next day I get on facebook and low and behold he has added me as a friend. I accept his friendship, only because we went to high school together and maybe we had some bonding experience back in the day that I had forgotten about. The next day I receive this message via facebook.
Hey kynzie! Thanks for acceptin my add! I know we didn't ever really talk in school or offically meet, but I would love to get to know you a little bit better. (please note that OFFICIALLY is spelled incorrectly)

Not too long before this me and my roommate both got asked out via facebook. Here is the message!
Well hello!! So I was wondering... If your free Thursday night at like 9:30, would you girls want to come bowling and get icecream with us? Let me know: (Phone number and name inserted here)

I'm not mad about these friendly gestures, I just think things are getting a little weird with all these various forms of communication. I can get hit on or asked out via text, facebook, e-mail, skype, twitter, and who knows what else. Word to the wise boys....hit on me in person or pick up the phone and call me the old fashioned way!

1 comment: