I had only been student teaching about two weeks, but of course it doesn't take long to really bond with the students you spend your days with. One little boy in particular captured a piece of my heart. He is the kind of kid who would typically get made fun of, teased, and be the brunt of every joke, but this wasn't the case with him. There was something about him that kept this from happening, maybe I should credit the kids in his class, but I think it was because he is truly the kindest individual I have ever met. Every morning he would come in and tell us good morning, usually he would follow up with, "you sure look nice today Mrs. Kelley," or something of the sort. What 5th grader makes comments like that. Needless to say, sweet little boy.
This little boy has one of the saddest home lives I have ever heard of, I won't go into details, but use your imagination. Somehow he remained polite and tender hearted. A few weeks into my student teaching he moved. On his last day he was pretty saddened by the move, he told me that he was just starting to like school and felt like he had a lot of good friends there. He asked if he could sing us a song before he left, he informed me that it was a Miley Cyrus song. I wondered how I could possibly keep from laughing through his performance. We gave him the karaoke machine microphone, and he sang so beautifully every word to "The Climb". Never been a Miley fan, but hearing this sweet little boy sing every word to this inspiring song made me cry not laugh. This little boy has everything going against him, yet he believes in himself. He truly inspired me, and made me think twice about the things I complain about, I truly am blessed!

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking
But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/miley-cyrus-lyrics/the-climb-lyrics.html ]
And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on
'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!
Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa
so sweet, kynzie
ReplyDeletemission accomplished kynz... madison cried. =)
ReplyDelete